Friday, March 22, 2013

That Darkness Can be Stealthy!!!

Things have been going really well for awhile.  Despite some sad and stressful occurrences I have been holding strong, and feeling good.  But....every now and then that darkness sneaks in when I am not paying attention...like today.

It feels heavy and I don't want to carry it.  Then I get snippy.  Then I remember that I am stronger now and I have tools to fight it back.  I do laundry, clean the kitchen, sneak in a quick 20 minute nap while Daddy plays with the kids.  Then I start to find the light around me....the light in a loving and understanding hug from the man I love....the light in the sound of my son's giggles while he plays with his Daddy....the light in a cuddle with my little girl....the light in her 3 year old questions about Santa and the Easter Bunny.  The light gets bigger and the darkness gets smaller....I get stronger.

It will sneak in sometimes, it is a strong and persistent shadow.  Remember that the light is always stronger than the dark. 


No comments:

Post a Comment