Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mesothelioma Awareness Day!

I created this blog to tell my story about my struggle with Postpartum Depression.  I wanted to raise awareness about PPD as well as provide support and encouragement to other mothers who are struggling themselves.  I have learned many things along my journey, and the most important is this:  Everybody is dealing with something, everyone has a battle (or a few) that they are facing in their lives.  We Moms have to support each other.  There is no negativity here, only understanding, empathy, love and support.  In my journey it has been other Moms that have given me the most drive and motivation to keep going forward.  We are all in this together.

That being said....I met a new friend through this blog.  Her name is Heather.  This is Heather and her family.


Heather has had her own journey away from a different kind of darkness, Mesothelioma.  This is a rare and deadly disease.  Heather has made it her mission to spread awareness about Mesothelioma in the hopes that other people won't have to fight the battle that she fought.  Tomorrow, September 26th, is Mesothelioma Awareness Day.  I am going to dedicate my Facebook Status to Heather tomorrow.  Now, she can tell her story better than I ever could, so here is the link to her blog.  Keep fighting the fight Heather, bring on the light!

http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather/awareness/#.UkM1uD_czTp

No comments:

Post a Comment